Friends, if you love watching horror movies then you shouldn’t miss these top 10 horror movies in Hollywood which will give you health benefits and a horrifying experience.
Table of Contents
The Top 10 Horror Movies in Hollywood
Hollywood has produced some of the most iconic and terrifying horror movies of all time. From classic slasher films to psychological thrillers, there is something for everyone on this list.
Here are the top 10 horror movies in Hollywood:
The Exorcist (1973):
This classic horror film tells the story of a young girl who is possessed by a demon. The Exorcist is widely considered to be one of the scariest movies ever made.
The Shining (1980):
This psychological horror film follows a family who moves into a haunted hotel. The Shining is a masterpiece of suspense and terror.
This slasher film introduces Michael Myers, one of the most iconic horror movie villains of all time. Halloween is a simple but effective horror film that is still terrifying today.
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974):
This grindhouse horror film is a brutal and disturbing look at a group of people who are stalked and killed by a family of cannibals. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is a must-see for fans of extreme horror.
The Silence of the Lambs (1991):
This psychological thriller follows a young FBI trainee who is tasked with interviewing a serial killer in order to catch another killer. The Silence of the Lambs is a beautifully made and terrifying film.
Get Out (2017):
This social horror film follows a black man who goes on a weekend trip with his white girlfriend. Get Out is a sharp and suspenseful film that explores race and racism in America.
This folk horror film follows a group of friends who travel to Sweden for a midsummer festival. Midsommar is a slow-burning but terrifying film that will stay with you long after you watch it.
The Babadook (2014):
This Australian horror film follows a single mother who is haunted by a mysterious book. The Babadook is a creepy and atmospheric film that will leave you feeling disturbed.
This psychological horror film follows a family who is haunted by a dark secret. Hereditary is a slow-burning but terrifying film that will leave you feeling uneasy.
This meta-horror film is a self-aware slasher film that pokes fun at the genre. Scream is a fun and scary film that is still relevant today.
Health Benefits of Watching Horror Movies
Horror movies have a bad reputation for being bad for your health. They are often associated with nightmares, sleep disturbances, and even anxiety.
However, there is a growing body of research that suggests that horror movies can actually be good for your health.
Here are some of the health benefits of watching horror movies:
- Increased immunity: Horror movies can help to boost your immune system. When you watch a horror movie, your body releases hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. These hormones help to increase your heart rate and blood flow, which can help to improve your immune system.
- Reduced stress: Horror movies can also help to reduce stress. When you watch a horror movie, you are essentially giving yourself a safe way to experience fear. This can help to desensitize you to fear and make it easier to deal with stress in your everyday life.
- Improved sleep: Horror movies can actually help you to sleep better. The adrenaline and cortisol released when you watch a horror movie can help to make you feel more alert and awake. However, once the movie is over, these hormones will start to wear off, which can help you to relax and fall asleep.
- Increased empathy: Horror movies can also help to increase your empathy. When you watch a horror movie, you are forced to put yourself in the shoes of the characters. This can help you to better understand the feelings of others and be more compassionate.
Of course, not everyone enjoys watching horror movies. And if you do find that horror movies make you feel anxious or stressed, it is important to stop watching them.
However, for those who do enjoy horror movies, there is no need to feel guilty about it. In fact, there is evidence to suggest that horror movies can actually be good for your health.
Here are some tips for watching horror movies in a healthy way:
- Choose the right movie: Not all horror movies are created equal. Some are more intense and scary than others. If you are new to horror movies, it is a good idea to start with something less intense.
- Watch with friends: Watching horror movies with friends can help to reduce stress and anxiety. It can also be more fun.
- Take breaks: If you start to feel overwhelmed, take a break from the movie. Get up and move around, or do something else that you enjoy.
- Talk about it: If you find that a horror movie is making you feel anxious or stressed, talk about it with someone you trust. This can help you to process your feelings and feel better.
These are just a few of the many great horror movies that have been made in Hollywood. If you are a fan of horror movies, then you should definitely check out these films.
Horror movies can be a fun and entertaining way to spend an evening. And if you watch them in a healthy way, they can also be good for your health.
You may visit my web story section for more trending entertainment news, and upcoming movie trailers.
You’ll like to read these post
Please share this post with your friends