Ed Sheeran Opens New Chicago Concerts: Ed Sheeran kicked off his two-night stand at the Chicago Theatre on Friday night with a performance of his new album, “- (Subtract).”
The intimate setting allowed Sheeran to connect with fans on a more personal level, and he delivered a powerful and emotional performance.
Table of Contents
Ed Sheeran Opens New Chicago Concerts with ‘Subtracts’
The show opened with the title track from “- (Subtract),” a slow and reflective ballad about loss and grief.
Sheeran’s vocals were raw and powerful, and he commanded the stage with his charisma and stage presence.
The rest of the setlist followed the tracklist of the album, with Sheeran performing songs like “Collide,” “Overpass Graffiti,” and “Sandcastles.”
Sheeran also performed a few of his older hits, including “Shape of You,” “Perfect,” and “Thinking Out Loud.” The crowd sang along to every word, and it was clear that Sheeran’s music has touched a chord with people of all ages.
In between songs, Sheeran shared stories about his life and his music. He spoke about the challenges he faced while making “- (Subtract),” and he thanked his fans for their support. He also spoke about his upcoming tour, the “Mathematics Tour,” which will kick off in May 2023.
The show ended with a performance of “Perfect,” one of Sheeran’s most popular songs. The crowd sang along as Sheeran played the guitar, and it was a truly magical moment.
Overall, Ed Sheeran’s performance at the Chicago Theatre was a powerful and emotional experience. He connected with fans on a personal level, and he delivered a performance that will be remembered for years to come.
Here are some additional details about the concert:
- The opening act was Ben Kweller, who played a 30-minute set before Sheeran took the stage.
- The show was sold out, with over 3,000 people in attendance.
- The setlist included 17 songs, all from Sheeran’s new album “- (Subtract).”
- Sheeran played a variety of instruments throughout the show, including guitar, piano, and ukulele.
- The concert lasted for over two hours.
The show was a powerful and intimate experience. Sheeran’s fans were able to connect with him on a deeper level, and they left the show feeling inspired and uplifted.
Here are some of the highlights and interesting things from the show:
- Sheeran’s performance of “Overpass Graffiti” was a standout moment. The song is about the challenges of fame and success, and Sheeran sang it with raw emotion.
- The string section added a beautiful touch to the songs. They helped to create a lush and atmospheric soundscape.
- Sheeran’s stories about his life and his inspiration were heartwarming and insightful. They gave the audience a deeper understanding of the man behind the music.
Overall, the show was a success. Sheeran’s fans were treated to a powerful and intimate performance that they will never forget.
Opening act Ben Kweller also gave a great performance. He played a mix of his own songs and covers, and the crowd loved it.
Friends, You may visit my web story section for more trending entertainment news, and upcoming movie trailers.
You’ll like to read these post
I hope you will enjoy the concert!
Please share this post with your friends
If you’re a fan of Ed Sheeran, I highly recommend seeing him live. He’s an incredible performer, and his music is truly special.